I am a confident, independent self-starter with competitive drive, initiative, a sense of urgency and the ability to make decisions whilst taking responsibility for them. I can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with ideas for dealing with them.
My drive is purposeful and directed at getting things done quickly. I respond positively and actively to challenge and pressure, and have the confidence in my ability to handle novel problems and people. I am an outgoing, poised individual, a lively and enthusiastic communicator, tending to be a little more authoritative than persuasive in my style. I talk briskly, with assurance and conviction and am a stimulating influence on others while also being firm, direct and self-assured in dealing with them.
I work fast, learn and take action quickly. I become impatient and restless working with over detailed, repeated and routine work. I will delegate such work if appropriate, managing and following up till items are completed to the highest standard. I am very interested in other people and their development, so will delegate authority, limiting such delegation to people whom I have the higest level of confidence and following up with pressure for timely results.
I make decisions about people and situations quickly. I assess what is generally going on and rather than exhaustively research, to pull together information I have to take action forcefully. I am confident in my assumptions about any missing information and am comfortable acting even in the absence of complete information. For me, continual progress towards the general goal is more important than being exactly on track; I am flexible and will make course corrections as necessary, when the time arises.
I am sure of myself and set high standards of acheivement for myself and others, constantly looking for opportunities to compete and to win. Venturesome, I am stimulated by the challenges and situations, and aim to drive myself and others to new horizons. I am ambitious both for myself and any business or client which employs me.
- Proactivity, assertiveness and sense of urgency in driving to reach goals. I openly challenge the world around me.
- Independent in putting forward my own ideas which are often innovative and if implemented, cause change.
- Resourcefully works through or around anything blocking completion of what I want to accomplish, aggressive when challenged.
- Impatient for results, I put pressure on myself and others for rapid implementation. I am far less productive doing routine work.
- A risk-taker and focuses on future goals. I am more concerned with where I am going versus where I have been.
- Adaptable and operate flexibly.
- Make decisions and takes action with relatively little need for proof to confirm a decision. more interested in my own ideas than traditional ones.
- Flexible approach to the ‘book’, more than willing to bend the rules to achieve goals.
- An original thinker who is not discouraged by setbacks. Fail fast, learn, get up and keep going attitude.
- Broadly focussed. My attention is on the journey the team will take and what goals I want them to achieve, rather than the specifics of how they will get there.
- Comfortable delegating details and implementation plans
- Reluctant to delegate true authority; I will discuss ideas with others and be open to their view points, but will only change my mind if the idea is better at helping my overall goal.
- Quick to follow up on delegated tasks, generally asking more is it finished than micro-managing the progress
- Inclusive and team building
- Direct and quick to voice my opinion on how things are going
- Authoratative in guiding the process towards my goals
- Driven to keep the process moving along as quickly as possible
- Willing to take risks such as cold calling, guerilla user testing or experimenting with a new product idea
- Flexible in working with the customer to close the deal in different and unique ways
- Outwardly focussed on my audience, intuitively reading them and adjusting my style to meet their needs if I feel it will help advance the process
- Comfortable and adept at selling intangibles such as ideas or concepts
How to keep me happy and most productive
- As much independence and flexibility in my activities as possible
- Opportunities to learn and advance
- Opportunities for expression of and action on my own ideas and initiatives
- Variety and challenge in my responsibilities
- Opportunities to prove myself and recognition and rewards for doing so
- Freedom form routines and repetitive details, balanced by accountability for results